April 17, 2020 School Closure Update From Superintendent Ben Ferney
Valley School District Staff and Families,
The past month has been a challenging time for our school district and our community. We are not alone as people across the nation are facing similar issues. I am very appreciative our community where we have pulled together to address needs and take care of one another. Here are some updates:
- We have been serving approximately 200 bags of food containing both a breakfast and lunch a day on three delivery routes and at the bus loop pick-up. This equates to ~2,000 total meals being served in a week. Next week we will be running our meal service Monday through Thursday (two days of meals on Thursday) on routes and serving in the bus loop location from 9:00-11:00 am. Thank you to our Food and Nutrition Services staff, transportation staff, and several staff from other programs that support this service!
- VELC continues to provide outstanding childcare for our 1st responders and those serving in the medical field. What a great team!!
- We are providing internet for educational purposes through our guest network in the parking lot in front of the District Office. Please practice proper social distancing.
- We have shifted to a Continuous Learning model where we will be pivoting away from optional work to work that will be evaluated. At this point, you should have heard from our building principals and/or our staff- please contact us if you have not. We have an opportunity over the next ten weeks to work and learn together as we strive to provide a positive learning experience for all our students.
- Making sure our seniors are ready to graduate is a major focus for us. The Paideia staff is working hard to make this happen and keeping up to date with new information from the State Board of Education (SBE).
Please give yourself grace and others compassion as we embark on this journey together. Together, we can make a difference for our students!