Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
Harassment, intimidation or bullying is any intentionally written message or image—including those that are electronically transmitted—verbal, or physical act, including but not limited to one shown to be motivated by race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, including gender expression or identity, mental or physical disability or other distinguishing characteristics, when an act:
- Physically harms a student or damages the student’s property.
- Has the effect of substantially interfering with a student’s education.
- Is so severe, persistent or pervasive that it creates an intimidating or threatening educational environment.
- Has the effect of substantially disrupting the orderly operation of the school.
Prohibition of Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
- 3207-Prohibition of Harassment Intimidation and Bullying
- 3207P1-Prohibition of Harassment Intimidation and Bullying
How do I report harassment, intimidation or bullying?
Incidents of harassment, intimidation or bullying can be reported verbally or in writing to any school staff member or to the district’s Compliance Officer, Ben Ferney, at (509) 937-2791 or Ben.Ferney@valleysd.org. To submit a written statement to any staff member or school office, please use the following form: