Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
Harassment, intimidation or bullying means any intentional electronic, written, verbal, or physical act including, but not limited to, one shown to be motivated by a person's perception of the victim's race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, the presence of any mental, physical or sensory disability, or other distinguishing characteristics, when an act:
- Physically harms a student or damages the student’s property.
- Has the effect of substantially interfering with a student’s education.
- Is so severe, persistent or pervasive that it creates an intimidating or threatening educational environment.
- Has the effect of substantially disrupting the orderly operation of the school.
District Policy Prohibiting Harassment, Intimidation or Bullying
Click on the link to view the document:
- 3207-Prohibition of Harassment Intimidation or Bullying
- 3207P1-Prohibition of Harassment Intimidation or Bullying
How do I report harassment, intimidation or bullying?
Incidents of harassment, intimidation or bullying can be reported verbally or in writing to any school staff member or to the district’s Compliance Officer, Superintendent Mandi Rehn, at (509) 937-2771 or Mandi.Rehn@valleysd.org. To submit a written statement to any staff member or school office, please use the following form: